Please be aware that the Message Recall function in Outlook works only in certain circumstances! Always check to whom you are sending emails before clicking on the Send button. All Students have (Students) in their display name to help prevent emails sent to those with similar names.
There is a recall email message function in Outlook for Windows. To recall an email:
- In Outlook, go to your Sent Items Folder and open the email you wish you had not sent.
- Go to the Message Tab, click on Actions and then Recall This Message...
- You will then be given these options:
- Click on OK to proceed.
However, Things to be Aware of when Using Message Recall in Outlook
Message Recall will not be successful if:
- The recipient is not using Outlook for Windows.
- The message has been moved from the Inbox.
- The message has been read. This includes viewing the message with the Preview Pane so that the message is flagged as Read.
- Of course, it won’t work for any messages sent outside the organization
- Cannot be used from Outlook on the Web